The Gretna Police Department is currently comprised of 4 full-time sworn police officers. The department is led by Chief David S. Wilkes. We are responsible for all law enforcement duties within the Town’s corporate limits, as well as at any Town owned property that may lie outside the Town limits.
The department has many functions, some of which are:
- Answering citizen calls for service;
- Enforcing all criminal/traffic laws of the Commonwealth and ordinances of the Town;
- Investigating automobile crashes;
- Criminal and Narcotics Investigations;
- Promoting safety and citizen welfare through Neighborhood Watch programs and other civic awareness opportunities.